Friday, November 14, 2008

Argh Again!!!!

I was planning a night in last night, to continue to clear out weeks of TV programming that I had stored on my TIVO, when I received a call from a friend who wanted me to join him out. So I obliged.

I got to the bar and immediately followed these two guys in. One of which was a total hottie and the other was so-so. Suffice it to say, I fell in love for the second time, yet did not learn a damn thing from my first experience. Midway into the evening these two were sitting down in the lounge area where I made some extended eye contact with Hottie as I walked by their couch. My friend, who knew I liked him, went to go sit down next to them while I continued to walk around the bar pretending to look for someone else. When I made it back to my friend, the two had gotten up and were on the move to the other side of the bar. So we followed shortly thereafter.

They got into a long conversation with this other guy, and I too got into a long conversation with another cute guy who was a friend of a friend’s friend. While I was talking with Cutie, Hottie went to the bathroom and separated from So-So. So my friend took the liberty to go up to So-So, they were standing directly in my line of sight about 12 feet away, and find out more about his friend Hottie. Since I was still conversing with Cutie, the result of my friends discussion with So-So was a mystery. What I do know was that when Hottie returned to So-So, the two of them moved right next to me and Cutie and I definitely noticed them looking our way. Cutie and I did have a great conversation and he was definitely someone that I wanted to see again so I asked him for his number. He gave it to me and I felt like such a douche because as I’m adding it to my phone I see Hottie and So-So looking my way. Cutie took off after he gave me his number and my friend rejoined me. It’s then that I learned that So-So told him that he and Hottie were boyfriends. I was amazed to learn this because as my friend and I were talking Hottie and I made more eye contact. And when I turned my back to them, I was told that Hottie was looking my way. When I turned back around, Hottie and I made yet more eye contact. I was completely dumbfounded and had no clue as to how I should proceed because I didn’t know if I believed what So-So told my friend. So-So and Hottie did not once throughout the evening appear to be lovey dovey and if they truly were boyfriends shouldn’t they have been? So I decide that I’m going to go up to the two of them and say this. “If you guys really are boyfriends congratulations. So-So, you are truly lucky and Hottie, you are extremely hot!” The problem I had was that I once again deliberated too long. So-So and Hottie left, not without Hottie and I sharing one last glance.

So when I get home I decide to text Cutie to let him know that I enjoyed meeting him. I scroll through my contacts in search of his info and I couldn’t find it. I must not have saved it after I entered it. I’m such a fool! I’m also embarrassed that I had to email my friend for his help in acquiring Cutie’s number again, but such is MY life.

Lastly, why is it that my best nights out always seem to be the ones that aren’t planned in advance?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because if you plan an evening out and have so much hope and expectation for that evening then it never happens. If you do things spare of the moment, those seem to be the nights where the party begins to happen and you land up hooking up with some cute guy.

Hit me back!

Peyton
http://gaysnowboarder.blogspot.com/

Crap Newsman said...

You should have spoken to them. What if they were not boyfriends? You could have blown So-so's delusion and ruin their friendship and earn the confidence of Cutie.