Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Sign?

This afternoon there was a small rally in West Hollywood for No on Prop 8 supporters. I decided to take the balloons that we used on our tabling nights because they added a presence and have been part of our efforts over the last few weeks. The balloons spell out NO ON 8.



I had the balloons filled earlier in the day after I attended a training session for my election day duties. (and fwiw, I will be working the polls in Santa Monica. The city from my Homo post.) However, by the time we got to the park the 8 was completely deflated and wouldn't rise. I hope, G-d willing, that it's a sign from above of things to come!

The rally lasted about 20 minutes. At the conclusion of the rally, many supporters then went on to become visible at a number of intersections throughout town. I participated at the corner of La Cienega and Santa Monica.



This was a neat experience to take part in, and to be honest I came close to shedding a tear on two occasions. During this mobilization I got chills listening to the constant sound of car horns, demonstrating their support for voting No on 8.

No comments: