Thursday, December 25, 2008

For $99.96

I received:

92 days of access,

201 scientifically selected matches,

18 I thought may have worked,

12 of whom never responded,

2 of which I made it to the second round with,

and 1 Stand Straight post!


I never enjoyed science, although I enjoy Edilson, so I’m not sure why I thought I would be any good at Chemistry. I do take ownership in my results, or lack thereof, and now realize that matchmaking sites are not for me. I’m done with them. I was, and in reality am, extremely selective and did not meet a single person, in person, during my time on Chemistry. (or JDate for that matter) I’ve learned through these experiences that my personality and attitude are better suited for meeting people in the three dimensional world.

As for Chemistry, I had two problems with it. The first was that they advertise that you will receive five new matches a day. HA! After about 45 days as a member, it would take them up to two weeks to come up with my five matches, if they were able to come up with them at all. (I know our country is suffering from a lack of educated scientists, but come on. Pay your chemists a little more!) The second was that they market profiles of guys on their site that are no longer paying members. So if you receive them as a match, like what you’ve seen and read, and begin the match process, you’re screwed. They won’t respond. They can’t respond. I know this to be factual based upon my own personal experience.

No comments: