Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008, Consider the Cycle Broken!

It began with a resolution
that a change was in store,
2008 would be different
because I'd settle no more.

The fear of the unknown
and what would happen to me,
was finally eclipsed
by my desire to live as G-d created me to be.

So my journey began
with nothing but time on my side.
I found that as each week went by
fewer tears left my eyes.

It wasn't all easy.
It wasn't all fun.
But through my own personal darkness
came the rise of the sun.

So with all my new experiences,
and the dawn of each new day.
It became more comforting and rewarding
accepting for myself, that it's alright to be gay.

I've learned through this year's experiences
how blessed I most certainly am.
With such amazing family and friends
one can't argue, that I truly am a lucky man.

I hope at this time it is evident
to all whom I love that can see,
that I've never been more ecstatic, or in love with myself,
in living life as the honest me.

So how great and rewarding
can any year be?
Exceptionally transformational,
when you choose to live your life real and free!

2008 will be a year I'll never forget!

2 comments:

TNC said...

Great poem to commemorate all the milestones in your journey this year. I've enjoyed keeping up with every step you take, so keep on forward!

Anonymous said...

I just re-read your 1st post from back in May after reading this post and you've had quite an eventful 2008.

I remember being very impressed with the way you decided to change your life in such a controlled way when reading your first posts. I'm very facinated when ppl take charge of their own lives and don't just wait around for change/happiness/life etc. to come and find them. I find your journey and dedication it to be very inspiring for how to approach life in general.

I hope you have the entries of this blog saved somewhere else or in paper form wouldn't want this documentation of such an important time in your life to risk disappearing into cyber space.

Best wishes for 2009.