Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tis the Season

Ho ho ho the holidays are near and I’m throwing a party. (actually co-hosting one with a friend of mine) It’s obviously a holiday themed party and because of our location will be cleverly decked out.

I still consider myself new to the city so I find it a bit humbling, yet gratifying that I’m in a position to host. For me, the party represents a way to give back and say thanks to those individuals who have welcomed me into their community over the last few months. We decided to invite people whom we consider friends and we welcomed them to bring a friend or two. (sorry acquaintances)

In preparation for our celebration of the 12 Days of Christmas and the 8 Crazy Nights of Chanukah my co-host and I went shopping with a friend of ours for five hours yesterday and would up buying most of our decorations and booze. I had a lot of fun, but by the end of the night realized that we may have a problem. After sampling most of the drinks, with two other friends, that we were to make for our party, the problem is that not many of them were all that tasty. Since there are not a whole lot of Chanukah cocktails that I’m aware of, am I going to be stuck serving only The Chosen Beer?




And here's a really cool light display originating from Arizona to the tune of Wizards in Winter.

No comments: