Monday, January 5, 2009

6 Months, Really?

Where has all the time gone?

Based on the calendar it has been, but in reality I’ve only been physically living here for about 4.5 months. Regardless in how I choose to define my beginning in California, I’m lovin’ L.A.! So much so that I’ve renewed my lease and am now ready to call L.A. home.

With this commitment, I am preparing to turn in the furniture that I’ve been renting these past 6 months. So I’ve spent a good portion of the last few days mattress shopping. What a pain in the arse! I’ve been sleeping on a rental mattress and have spent a significant amount of time sleeping in hotel beds and I’ve never had a problem sleeping on crappy mattresses. Yet, I find myself agonizing over the finer details of this pending purchase. The #1 question is whether I should buy a king or queen size mattress.
A queen mattress fits nicely in my apartment now and I wouldn’t have an issue with it’s size in any future residence. The problem is that I believe it will be a bit small and uncomfortable when I find myself a boyfriend. (there’s a first) A king mattress would overpower my bedroom now and it’s size may pose a challenge with future, rental residences. However, a king mattress would be way more comfortable and luxurious when I’m not sleeping alone. Decisions, decisions.

In other news, Saturday night was a blast. Went out for dinner with some friends to celebrate Gene’s return to the states and followed that up with three hours of dancing. While dancing, I locked lips with two separate guys ever so briefly. (although one of them was my friend, ah oh)


And for laughs...(a friend of mine sent this to me today and despite it being a few years old I had not seen it before, so I'm going to share)

Funny stuff and a Happy New Year to all of you!

2 comments:

TNC said...

I saw this a long time ago and could not stop laughing. The second fall was quite possibly the best ankle work out ever! So much for the "latest fashions".

Anonymous said...

Dude, get a KING. Yes it might take up a lot of space but it is SO worth it. Granted I share with someone but some nights, like tonight, I'm home alone and am loving the space. The only downfall to a king is that if you go to a hotel (or someone else's place) and you're in a queen (or worse, a full sized) then it is SO uncomfortable. But its still worth it to get the king.