Friday, September 26, 2008

Ask and You Shall Receive

I have to post about this because it is just too darn funny.

So today at the gym I saw B again. I already had begun to work out when he arrived at the gym. He started his ab routine about six feet away from me, and at a 150 degree angle to where I was. He waved to me and I followed up with some small talk about his career and he proceeded to ask what I do. I told him that I just left a sales career and now I'm just spending some time working out and having fun. (I couldn't say that I was a writer because earlier in the conversation I told him that I knew nothing about the entertainment industry and jargon)

Anyway, my last exercise was hanging ab crunches. I notice that he comes over and was standing 10 feet in front of me and appeared to be waiting for me to finish. I did not look at him during my exercise. When I was done, he comes up to me and says; (and I'm paraphrasing)

I'm working on a script and would like to produce it into a movie and I'm looking for an investor to invest $30,000. I've already secured $50,000 but I need another $30,000. Would you be interested? I could sit down with you and go over the script.


Mind you this is on the gym floor! What the ----? Only in Hollywood, and only to Adam. Of all the things to ask another guy on a gym floor, $30,000?

So I responded, "sorry B but I know nothing about the movie business and would be uncomfortable investing in it. Thanks for asking though."

Now if it would have been Z who asked me for $30,000 my response would have been, "for you Z absolutely under these parameters. For the next 365 days I am to see you every night at my place where I will proceed to tie you to my bedposts, rip your clothes off, and ---- you until the housing market corrects itself."

Who knows, maybe that will happen next week.

And fwiw, it has been two straight days that as I'm walking to the gym a car passing by has slowed down and honked at me. Only in LA!!!!!

1 comment:

Bruce said...

I'd call the honking progress; at least they're not yelling gay slurs anymore!!