Friday, September 26, 2008

Out of Sight Out of Mind

Not that I was ever in either of their minds but yesterday I saw both B and Z at the gym.

First off B. I called him by his first name and said hi to him as I was walking from the cardio area up to the weight area. He was walking in the opposite direction to the cardio area. I don't believe he remembered my name. So after a few minutes I was quite surprised to see B right next to me up in the weight area during the second set of my first exercise. We made eye contact but no words were said. Nor was he doing any exercises. He was just standing there and once again appeared to be either talking to someone on his phone or listening to music. After a minute or two he was gone and I didn’t see him on the gym floor the rest of my workout.

So B, what gives? You seem like a nice guy, although it appears your life at the gym revolves around your smart phone. I’ve come up to you twice now and I’ll continue to say hello and ask how you are. I certainly hope that you would do the same. I’m a nice guy and I promise you I won’t bite.

As for you Z, it was nice to briefly talk with you again. It has been three weeks so I’ll let your forgetting the details of our little wager slide. Lucky for you I’m a man of integrity and it will be I who will most likely have to pay up. Although after your teams performance last night who knows. :) (plus it is I with the ulterior motives...haha) I did not ask Z out yet but it's just a matter of time.

And I figured out what it is about Z. I received an email today from a reader of Stand Straight and he referenced Adam from my Repressed Thoughts of Youth post. After my workout I laid out by the pool to work on my tan. (I look good with a little coloring :) ) After about an hour in the sun I was thinking about that email and it came to me, Z resembles Adam. From his hair to his skin to his body. I don’t know what it all means but it is pretty surreal.

What is also surreal but a bit off topic is the financial mess that our nation, and for that matter the world, may be in. So it was a bit humorous to have seen AIG's, one of the companies that is at the center of this worldwide financial disaster, latest direct mail solicitation which was received the day the shit hit the proverbial fan here in America. Talk about being Out of Sight Out of Mind. And I hope they change that last line to "We Help Create them Altogether!"

No comments: