Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm Flattered

I received a call this afternoon from a colleague of mine in the group that I have been volunteering with in California to help defeat Proposition 8. We are planning a major gala in the middle of October and the founders of the group, along with this colleague who is in charge of the event, would like me to take the lead of the most important part of the event itself. The superlatives expressed by this colleague, on behalf of this colleague and the founders, were very humbling. They were all very impressed by my performance at the Nanny event. (see No Nanny, Thank You post)

It is very gratifying to hear that after only a few short weeks of living in West Hollywod and volunteering my time and skills, my contributions are having an impact and I'm beginning to make a difference for our community.

And of course I said yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adam,
I just found your blog today for the first time...
.... I found it very enjoyable & thoughtful. I took some time to read a few selections of your past posts...
Good luck on your search for truth & happiness!

Michael