Thursday, May 22, 2008

that fishy kitty feeling

I'm such a chump! I've been looking forward to this weekend since my trip to LA in April, and here we are the night before and I'm ready to go hide again in the closet. This is what I deserve as the consequence for waiting so loooooooooooooooong! I am just terrified of going to gay bars and clubs alone. Going to the bar will not be the issue, it's what I do inside of it which is my problem. As I experienced in April, I just felt so intimidated as the lone wolf, scratch that lone puppy. It's embarrassing. I'm too old to be this frightened, but I guess that's my lot in life. How do you pick up guys? What do you say? How do you make your move? It shouldn't be this hard. So now you know that I am a





From what I've read Hillcrest should be more casual than LA, but then again I have a hard time doing casual, so we shall see.







Keane-"Is It Any Wonder"

1 comment:

dan said...

I used to go to gay bars when i'd travel away from okc, and hated the whole stand alone and wait it out. in Austin, ALWAYS FUN, and in Tampa... well I'm still in touch with stud lawyer from there, but anyway, my problem is I can't make a move for S&%t! If a guy doesn't come over to me, forget it. I'm pretty good at getting the signal across that I'm interested though. another thing is if anyone talks to me I act the same as I would meeting a person anywhere else, smile shake hands introduce, and then just make conversation. If I'm not interested in the guy, then at least I'm smiling and talking and then maybe some guy I would be interested in sees me interacting and all. anyway, that's always been my theory. yes it sucks alone at bars. keep up the blogging. later.