Saturday, August 2, 2008

Phoenix, I'm Coming Home

This wasn’t my original plan, but it is time. It is time to move forward and officially have that talk. It is time to move forward and relieve myself of the self imposed burden, lie, and guilt that I’ve carried with me all these years. It is time to share the gift that G-d gave me with my family and finally be that better son and brother. It is time to move forward and finally be free!

On Monday I’m going home!

I am going home with a confidence and pride in myself that I haven’t had in a very long time. Quite honestly, I don’t know if I’ve ever loved or accepted myself as much as I do today. On second thought I do know, I never have. That is why I am so excited. If I was able to have such a rewarding and successful life up until now without having loved or accepted myself, what can be accomplished tomorrow? G-d willing the possibilities are limitless!

On Tuesday I’m coming out to my parents, brother, and sister-in-law!


Diana Ross-"I'm Coming Out"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, good luck, dude! This reader is rooting for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's quick....but really only a few weeks early. It will probably be one of the more difficult conversations you'll ever have, but you have a good head on your shoulders....and good support (I think). So....good luck!!! If you don't get to blog about it, at least shoot me an email and let me know how it goes. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

If your parents are computer users, maybe they'd be interested in this site:

http://www.familyacceptance.com

It's written from the perspective of one couple with a gay son, so it's personal and somewhat unique to their circumstances, but it also seems heartfelt and compassionate.