Sunday, August 3, 2008

An Affair to Remember

The Underwear Affairwas AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still can't believe I did it. To say it was personally liberating would be an UNDER statement! What a blast! I only wish I had some friends out here to enjoy it with and run with as a group.

Anyway, as it turns out I ran it competitively. I know of no other way. The real funny thing was that I missed the start of my 10K race because I set myself up in back behind the Aussie Bum boys. :) You'll see why in a bit. Unbeknownst to me they chose to run the 5K. (why am I not surprised) So I'm waiting and waiting and then all of a sudden realize that the 10K runners had already started. I had to run quick to catch up with everyone, and once I started I didn't stop. I didn't see many cute guys out there which was a bit surprising and disappointing. Hence, I didn't use any of the run-up lines that I thought of. Anyway, here are a bunch of photos from the event. Just call me paparazadam. (and this will be the first and last time that I am paparazadam. All pictures were professionally taken with my Kodak $7.99 disposable camera purchased at CVS 3 hours before the race.)

Felt good with the inspirational message

Creative Costumes



Why I'm Gay (Just kidding ladies. It wasn't my choice, I've accepted who I am, and I love your spirit and outfits!)


Tesla-first time I've seen this 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, electric car in person

Celebrityin the race......although not in his undies

I caught up with him, paced off him for a bit, then ran fast and past

I thought the guy in the yellow shirt and jeans was super cute. He was handing out flyers for another cancer run this fall. hmm

Aussie Bum boys

And so I asked, "Aussie Bum boys can I take a picture of you guys?" The cute one on the left had a weird face after I asked him that. It caught me off guard a bit that maybe a dude asking for his picture would catch him off guard. (and I assumed that he was a model for them and should be used to dudes asking for his picture)




PS....Thanks Ed for the recommendation. I did run in a black pair of the Calvin's you recommended. They worked out well. :) And Dan, I did go with black socks and was tempted to buy black sneakers but I knew better.

Survivor-"Burning Heart"




1 comment:

Ed said...

Thanks for the shout out- that made my day! Well, in addition to getting the schedule of my dreams, but that's a different story. Check your inbox