Friday, August 1, 2008

Ice Thawing

I’m a bit amazed, and I don’t want to jinx myself, but I’m surprised at how quickly I seem to be loosening up. (In some ways at least) As soon as I got into the bar last night I started talking to this guy. It was fun and the conversation flowed for some time. And for those keeping track at home, I wore a pair of lucky jeans and a nautica polo, with one of the two buttons buttoned. So hence, the guy I met had to undo my button. Then as the conversation progressed I buttoned and unbuttoned it depending on what we were talking about it. It was pretty funny. His friend then joined in on the conversation and we spoke for sometime. They both thought I presented a different image and had a different aura about me than most people in weho. And that was a good thing. (and I’m beginning to agree) They also thought I was a good looking guy and that weho should treat me well. (and I’ve heard that before) So that was very flattering. And fwiw these guys were in their 40s and weren’t bad looking either. Anyway, by the end of our conversation I got one of their cards and was invited to a pool party next weekend. :) Right after our conversation ended, another guy came up to me and we spoke for quite awhile. He was from the OC and was in weho to visit some of his friends. I met his friends and had a good time. After an hour or so, I broke away from the conversation to get a beer and to take a walk around the bar. I hadn’t had the chance to do that. There were some cute guys there but certainly not at the level of Saturday. When I returned to the side where the guys were that I had recently met, I did not go join back in on the conversation. I planted myself about 8 feet away and just wanted to admire some of the guys I had recently seen on my walk through. A few minutes later OC came back up and asked if I was lonely. I responded that I wasn’t and was just staring at the scenery. We continued to chat, I opened up about some more details, and it was a nice conversation. I didn’t want to give OC the impression that I was smitten by him because I wasn't. However, we did exchange numbers and I even got a text from him when I got home. I think OC was a really nice guy and we may become friends. He didn’t so much do it for me from a physical standpoint, but who knows. He did invite me to Laguna Beach and I will probably take him up on that offer at some point in the future. And one last note, I remember the names of all 6 guys I met last night. I don’t know if that is a good or bad thing, but it is a thing.


PS...Dan from Florida thanks for the advice. It worked tonight, OC came back to me. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm glad my advice worked!!!