Thursday, July 17, 2008

Captain _____

For the first week and a half I have been using the gym at my apartment complex and running the streets of weho. The gym at the apartment complex has a decent array of equipment but not enough of the things that I need for my varied routines. I consider myself a runner/athlete more than a weightlifter so I utilize more things than just cardio equipment and weights.



So the last few days I visited the three gyms that were in walking distance of my apartment. The first gym’s monthly rate was low. I was greeted by a membership consultant who smelled like he just finished his cigarette. That is always a positive first impression when checking out a “health” club. ( :) ) I thought this facility was chaotic although it did have a pool which would come in handy if I decide to train for a sprint triathlon. The second gym’s monthly rate was moderate. I was greeted there by a membership consultant who was very friendly, bordering on flirtatious. So I clearly played along and it was fun. This facility was more organized and seemed to have a nice vibe to it. The third gym’s monthly rate was high. It was a beautiful facility and had an enormous amount of space and equipment. They even had a nice spa and the facility appeared as if their clientele were a bit more private and high end. Though with that being said it seemed more quiet and sterile. Decisions decisions????

I do feel honored though. After visiting all three, each of the membership consultants made a comment that I was the first person that they have ever seen that came for a tour of their facility with a pre-made list with the criteria and equipment that were needed for my workouts. (Yes I am anal although I still don’t know if I will like the other anal. :) ) Unfortunately, none of the gyms had all of the equipment that I am used to using for my workouts.

I did make a decision and this morning was my first workout. The gym wasn’t that crowded which in a sense was good for working out, but from a broader perspective was not so good in trying to meet people. I will have to play around with my workout times to determine the best times to visit. Who knew this job of mine would be so difficult. (:-D)

1 comment:

dccised said...

i go out of my way to play tennis at clubs where i know there are hot guys. and here i was thinking i was completely insane.