Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Skin I'm In

Let’s just say that I am stoked for this upcoming weekend! First off, my weekend is fully booked. I am particularly excited about two of the events. The first is that I will be running in City of Hope's Underwear Affair on Saturday afternoon/evening.



I will be running a 10K (6.2 miles) in my boxer briefs and sneakers!!! I am late to the game here in registering, and didn’t do any fundraising as required for this race, as I just learned about it, so I will make a fairly generous donation to a worthy cause knowing that what I give will come back to me at some point in the future. Beyond the public cause of fighting different cancers below the waist, this race, in the way the participants participate, holds some meaning for me in the strides I’ve made from an acceptance standpoint. I have posted a few times on it, but like many others I have had some issues with my self esteem through the years based on my body image. I still do today and can rattle off a list of things wrong with me on just about every part of my body from my feet to the hair on the top of my head. But I’m beginning to realize that flaws are okay and in most cases I can’t do anything about them. I’m also beginning to gain greater confidence from a physical standpoint having gone out a number of times here in weho. Physically, I know I can compete with 78% of the guys here. With this enlightenment, I have begun to gradually accept my body. So I’m going to run 6.2 miles without a shirt or shorts. Running as close to naked as one can legally get in front of so many other runners and spectators, in sunlight no less, to me is great progress. I laugh just thinking about it because this is something I NEVER would have done before. NEVER!
So

Do I wear white or dark colored boxer briefs?
Will my briefs hold up after mile 1?
Do I go out and purchase special, ie homo brand, briefs just for this occasion? (right now I wear Calvins and Champion)
What will they look like drenched with sweat?
How bad will my swamp ass be?
What will my little guy do throughout the race and how will the air conditioning affect him?
They're timing the race, so do I run it with speed as a goal or do I take my time and just enjoy it?
Normally I pace myself to a cute guy with great calves. Is there another body part I should be admiring for this race? haha


There’s bound to be other gay guys there so how are these for run-up lines:
I’m tired of eating your dust, but yet I still find myself hungry....
Run for fun often, what else turns you on.......
Nice shoelaces!
For two miles now I’ve tried to C-N2 you. Why are you running away from me?
Are those your keys in your briefs or are you just sweaty to meet me?


I would love your help with any other run-up lines that I should use. It was great fun writing these but I don’t know if I have the balls to actually use them. LOL We’ll see. Also, which brands of underwear/briefs would be clear giveaways of another gay guy?

Suffice it to say, I have high hopes for this run as my expectation is that all the runners will look like these guys. It should be a fun time.

Then on Sunday the second event that I’m most excited about is my first pool party up in the Hollywood Hills. I was invited by a new friend of mine and I’m excited because I believe the crowd will skew a bit more professional/successful and there may be an opportunity to develop some local business/philanthropic contacts. Whatever happens I look forward to meeting some new people and having a good time. Along with showing and seeing some more skin of course.

Now if only I weren’t so pasty white. I digress! haha





3 comments:

Ed said...

First and foremost, confidence is absolutely indispensable! With confidence doors will open for you, potentially bedroom doors so I am glad to hear that you are feeling so good about yourself.

I would go with either black or dark grey briefs since white can be see through when you sweat a lot which might not be PG enough for the City of Hope event. As for staying cool, check out these Calvins in black http://www.freshpair.com/Calvin-Klein-Tech-Cool-Trunk-U2729.html as that would be what I would wear for an event like this. No need to worry about sweating and support!

I would say that jockey and champion underwear is at the left side of the underwear spectrum with Ginch Gonch, Butch, N2N, and Andrew Christian being homo underwear. Calvins kind of sit in the middle and can go either way, and 2xist is closer to the gay end (maybe 2/3rds of the way there). Could be wrong, but that's how I would categorize them anyhow.

If you are feeling adventurous then by all means go for it, but I would be tempted to wear the black Calvins to look sharp and attract attention but not too much. I always follow someone when running and thought I was the only one who checked out amazing calves, but apparently not. Maybe let your eye drift further up the backside this time- some men have amazing backs, its indescribable really.

That was the gayest thing I have ever said/written but that's just my two cents. Kudos on forming important social connections in such a short period time- I am impressed! Most importantly, have fun at the race and the pool party and try not to over analyze things (although I do that myself all the time).

Anonymous said...

Two suggestion:

First....SUNSCREEN...WATERPROOF Coppertone Sport.....LOL.

Second....gay brands...Cin2,2xist,andrew christian, ginch gonch.

I would say go with something black calvin klein cool or Emporio Armani black......buy something new that you haven't worn before and wear a pair around the house first of the brand you'll be running in. Make sure your socks match...just kidding.

don't wear white.

Unknown said...



Found your blog. It is full of really good information. Thank you for sharing. If you ever need service on water heater repair please visit us at rheemteamcomfort.com. We would love it if you would have a look at some of our blogs and let us know your thoughts.