Thursday, July 3, 2008

Comings and Goings

What's Coming?

I have traveled a lot on airlines over the last 10 years. With that I have accrued a lot of airline miles. Most of those miles were on US Airways and Southwest, so I just received in the mail a notice from American Airlines that my 13,000 miles were about to expire since I haven't accrued any miles with them in the last 18 months. However, before they expired I had the option of using those miles for magazines.
Hmmmm.

So what is coming to my apartment in California? The Advocate and Out! Now I don't know if these periodicals are worth their salt or if I will even find them a compelling read or looksy, but for me this was another step.
So Mr./Mrs. Mailperson I don't care what you think as you put my magazines into the little box. haha
When I was filling out the online order form I actually hesitated a bit and was thinking about just using my initials but I knew better than that and addressed it to my full name. This will be the second time that I will have perused a gay content magazine. The first time was when I bought the following GENRE issue at a Barnes and Noble.

I made it a point to purchase this issue while away from home on a business trip. I remember being terrified at the time so I bought another magazine as well and made sure that GENRE was underneath it so the only person who noticed was the cashier when he scanned it. I solely bought it because I thought Drew, the guy on the cover, was HOT!



What's Going?

UPS came today to pick up the boxes that I'm having shipped to California.




And if I have done something wrong by illegally posting material or photos on my little blog that I had no right to post, and you are the rightful owner of these photos and would like me to remove them, I will gladly do so with a proper email of such. Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh when reading your comments about buying the Genre magazine. I do a lot of the same stuff. I'll nervously wait until no one is at the checkout area before going to buy a magazine (such as Freshman).

- Mike

Crap Newsman said...

Hi, I just followed your blog. If you don't mind what is Drew's full name so I can Google him? Thanks.

Adam said...

borg it is Drew Van Aker.