Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sis, the Truth be Told

And so it was said
Without nervousness nor fright
Hey sis I am gay
And I feel good tonight

So please stop all the crying
Even though their tears of joy
We now share something in common
Of an attraction for other boys

I am so so sorry
For this lie I’ve always told
My life has suffered for it
So I work to break this mold

The guilt I’ve carried these last few years
Has caused me nothing but anguish and pain
So in sharing this now with you tonight
I pray that our relationship will be enriched and gain

So please don’t feel sorry or pity for me
for the happiness lost or the days gone astray
I decided how to live my life with mostly correct decisions being made
With the one big exception, accepting that G-d created me gay

I can only look forward
to the future at hand
As the past is the past
And I’ve got to find me a man

So I look to that future
With great pride and a heart full of love
To a completely honest and more meaningful existence
As I believe the best has yet to come!

3 comments:

Ed said...

I didn't know there was a poet in our midst... it rhymes and it makes sense to boot! Always look forward to hearing what's next- you're on a roll

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm ASSUMING this means you DID have "the talk". Congrats....feel a little more free?

Matt said...

Congratulations!!! This is a big step! I'm happy for you.